Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25

Weather - Sunny,  67 degrees (low humidity)

Clothing - Black running shorts (longer, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (green),  fuel belt,

Nutrition -   Ate a GU before the run. During the run:  (1) 8 oz water, (2) 8 oz powerade. A GU at around mile 6.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Lee Chapel Rd on Ox Road.  Went 1 mile down Ox towards Burke Lake Road and turned around.  Then went 3.5 miles down Ox towards Occoquan and turned around. 

Distance Completed: 9  miles

Time:  Started at 5:00am, took 1 hour, 45 minutes.

J.W., T,  A, and I met at 5:00am to try to beat the heat.  It worked.  The heat was a not a factor and it actually wasn't that humid.  I had a bad stitch on my right side around mile 4 1/2 and it caused me to walk for a little of it.  Once the stitch was gone, I had to walk some, run some for the remainder of the run. 

Anything I'd do different?  Yes, from now on, I am going to make sure I eat a banana before running.  I think the patasium has helped before feel better during the run, especially the longer mileage.   The temperature actually felt okay for most of the run. 

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  I was in pain during my runs from a quick workout with Katy that happened on Monday morning. A lot of pain in my legs.  But I ran and felt great afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment