Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday, July 3rd

Weather - Sunny, 88 degrees.

Clothing - Black running shorts (shorter ones), cotton shirt (rainbow)
Nutrition -   Nothing before the run.  During the run:  (1) 20 oz bottle of water

Route -  Gym treadmill. 

Distance Completed: 4  miles

Time:  Started at 11:45am, took approx. 48 minutes.

It's a good thing we only had 4 miles to do this week according the schedule.  We all ended up doing our own thing running it when we had the time.  Originally I was going to run with J.W. this morning, but I knew I wouldn't be in any kind of shape to wake-up early and beat the heat.  I am still not feeling a 100% and had a hard time getting back into running, even on the treadmill.  I struggled with this one and did a lot of running fast and walking intervals...not set to any kind of pattern, just what I felt like.  It was hard.  I am very nervous about what is to come.  10.5 miles this Saturday.  OMG!  I will be tracking down a treadmill in Orlando to do it.

Anything I'd do different?  Yes, I should've started this run earlier in the day. And, I should've eaten before heading to the gym.  It was too late in the day to run on an empty stomach.

Mid-week runs - Unfortunately my mid-week runs didn't happen.  Ugh!  Between traveling to Vegas, getting a nasty head cold, and having my body clock all messed up adjusting to the time difference, it was a bad scene this week.  I did walk about 5 miles on Friday, but that does not even come close to missing the 2 mid-week runs completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment