Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday, June 18

Weather - Sunny,  67 degrees (humid and sticky)

Clothing - Black running shorts (longer, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (Rockstar),  fuel belt,

Nutrition -   Ate nothing before. During the run:  (2) 8 oz water, (1) 8 oz powerade.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Lee Chapel Rd on Ox Road.  Went 2.64 miles down Ox (towards Occoquan) and turned around.  Made it a point to go to the gas station and then do the turnaround.

Distance Completed: 5.25  miles

Time:  Started at 6:00am, took 58 minutes

J.W., T,  A, and I met at 6:00am.  The schedule had us doing 3 miles, but we bumped it up and did 5, actually a little more.  I was able to keep up with the other women and run the whole time with them.  The heat at the end became an issue for me.  I do think I am starting to get faster on these outside runs. Yay!

Anything I'd do different?  No.  Everything worked on this run.  The temperature actually felt okay for most of the run.  It was only at the end I was getting super hot.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  On Tuesday's run, I felt my speed pick-up big-time.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment