Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday, April 23

Weather - Approx. 46 degrees, Overcast

Nutrition -
Pack of running beans before starting,  (1) 8 oz water, (1) 8 oz powerade

Route - Hills, hills, hills!!  Starting at the Kohl's sign on Burke Centre Parkway to Roberts Road, made a right onto Roberts. Down Roberts to Braddock Road, made a left onto Braddock.  Took Braddock to Ox, made a right onto Ox.  Ox back to Burke Centre Parkway.  Made a right onto Burke Centre Parkway.

Distance Completed:  7 miles

Time:  Started at 7:30 am, took 1 hr, 21 minutes

7 hilly miles baby!  Again the weather was iffy and we weren't sure the run would happen this morning.  We got lucky and it only slightly drizzled the first 1/4 mile or so.  Overall the weather was nice (perfect in my opinion!)

I think it is good to mix up the route a bit and do some hills to get our legs stronger.  I was surprised at how much easier it was to run down Roberts today.  It is really making a difference running each week and the hills weren't as bad this time around.  Yes, I am saying that.  Me, who hates anything at all with the slightest incline, even going over a speed bump.

Here's the best part about this morning's run.  I did it without one bit of music.  None, nada, zip.  Not even one beat of a drum or a strum of a guitar or a line or two of lyrics.  J.W.'s iPod wasn't working (found this out right before we were set to start) and I decided to give it a try and run without any tunes.  I am impressed that I could do it. However, I discovered something that I hadn't realized before.  I hate listening to myself breathe when I am running.  I feel like I sound like a huge cow on a stampede.

Anything I'd do different?  No, not on this run.  I am pleased to see that I could run without music, but I really don't want to make it a habit.  :)

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  My speed was on the slow side.  Both times I walked a bit and started to talking to the people on either side of me.  This really messed with my ability to keep the walk breaks to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment