Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday, June 11

Weather - Partly cloudy,  75 degrees and very HUMID!!

Clothing - Black running shorts (biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (green one from One More Mile),  fuel belt, spi belt with cell phone

Nutrition -   Ate a banana before. During the run:  (2) 8 oz water, (2) 8 oz powerade, ate a GU at mile 4.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Lee Chapel Rd on Ox Road.  Went 3.75 miles down Ox (towards Occoquan) and turned around.

Distance Completed: 7.5  miles

Time:  Started at 6:00am, took 1 hr, 25 minutes

T, A, and I met at 6:00am.  We stuck to the schedule and did the 7.5 miles we had planned.  The heat and humidity was a huge factor for me and I had trouble breathing after about mile 2.  I hung in there and kept pace till about mile 6 and then drastically slowed down.  However, my running overall is getting much faster and I saw a big improvement on my time today (when I was doing the running part) even with the humidity being a factor.

Anything I'd do different?  No.  Other than wanting to start even earlier (not sure if this possible if I am meeting up with others), I am very happy I didn't chicken out and go to the gym for the run.   We are in this together!  Also, I am very happy with the new running shorts I purchased.  No chub rub today!  And the amount I sweated was crazy!!

I am just happy I gave it all my all and this run is now done! 

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym. WOWEE!  Definitely seeing an improvement on my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment