Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday, October 8th

Weather - 49 degrees, sunny and humidity was nil.

Clothing - Black running capri pants, long sleeve tech shirt (pink shirt), and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate nothing before the run or during. During the run:  approx. 30 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Oak Green and Burke Centre Parkway, went down Ox to University and turned around.

Distance Completed:  6 miles

Time:  Started at 7:35am, took 1 hour, 8 minutes

I decided to run this on my own. Being that it is Yom Kippur today, I wasn't sure if I was going to run and fast or just run it tomorrow morning.  I really wanted to get the run over with and ran it and managed to fast the whole day after.  Yowzer! 

I've come to find out that I enjoy running on my own more than when I am with others.  It's just too much pressure to keep up or feel like I am slowing them down if we are trying to run together.

I am most pleased with how fast I ran this.  I did the 2:30/1 mix and I think it really helped me get my pace faster.  From all the other 6 mile runs I've done, I cut my time down by 4 minutes.  Woo-hoo!!  This is definitely helping me get over the discouraged feeling I have from last week's run. 

Anything I'd do different?  For the most part, this run clicked on every level.  I loved the cool air and I loved that I didn't walk any additional amounts.  The only thing I would've changed about this run was not wear a long sleeve shirt.  When will I learn!?!?!  I get warmed up way too quickly and don't need it very soon after I start.

Mid-week runs - I couldn't bring myself to run again on Tuesday.  So I purposely missed the 5 miler I normally do and picked up the running again on Thursday. Ran 4 miles on Thursday; on the treadmill at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment