Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday, October 15th

Weather - 49 degrees and sunny

Clothing - Black running capri pants, short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar), and Camelbak

Nutrition - banana before and approx. 40 ounces of powerade/water mix.  A gu at mile 4.

Route -  Starting at the Kohl's sign on Burke Centre Parkway to Roberts Road, made a right onto Roberts. Down Roberts to Braddock Road, made a left onto Braddock.  Took Braddock to Ox, made a right onto Ox.  Ox back to Burke Centre Parkway.  Made a right onto Burke Centre Parkway.

Distance Completed:  7 miles

Time:  Started at 7:30 am, took 1 hr, 23 minutes

Did this run on my own.  The weather was perfect and I felt good having chosen a hilly route to run. Definitely needed for my legs to get used to a hill or two.

Anything I'd do different?  No, everything clicked.  Could've worn shorts, but was okay wearing longer capri running pants.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  My 4 mile run on Thursday happened at 4:30pm.  It was actually a great run and I was pleasantly surprised how well I did.  Both times I ran 3 miles before stopping for a walk break.

No comments:

Post a Comment