Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The day after 23

Pretty much all day yesterday I felt very discouraged on how horrible my "run" went yesterday.  However, I do need to focus on what when right. 

1. I didn't get any blisters or bad rubbing/chafing.  So I do feel good about my preparation on what I'm wearing, socks and shoes all working in my favor.

2. I wasn't overly sore.  My legs felt a little tight, but that was about it.  I didn't have any knee issues.

3. I didn't need to stop to use the bathroom once.  Not once in 5 hours, 33 minutes.  Again, another major accomplishment as I've been very nervous about having stomach issues during all my Saturday runs.

They say everyone is entitled to one bad run.  I guess this was mine yesterday.  Let's get it out of the way and move on.  No need to keep harping on how bad it was.  It was bad.  It sucked.  Now, let's start focusing on how great the practice 26 miler will be in 3 weeks and how awesome the actual marathon will be on November 20th.  There's only 48 more days to go.

I am ready for this to be over.  I think I've recognized the fact my body is not cut out for this and it is a small miracle I've made it this far in the training.  I'll never give up and will continue to keep chugging along until the very end.  Because crossing that finish line is going to be oh-so-sweet.  :)

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you're focusing on the positive things and moving on....you rock girl...don't ever think any different!

    ReplyDelete