Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday, September 3rd

Weather - 67 degrees and humidity was 87%

Clothing - Black running shorts (biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (green "courage" shirt),  and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate a cliff bar before the run. During the run:  50 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Oak Green and Burke Centre Parkway, went down Ox to University and turned around.

Distance Completed:  6 miles

Time:  Started at 6:30am, took 1 hour, 12 minutes.

T., J.W. and I met to do the 6 miles. I have come to the conclusion I can not run in humidity.  It makes my legs feel like big pieces of lead I am trying to move up and down.   I was very happy that we all ran at our own pace.  There was no pressure to try to keep up and it felt good to run as slow as I wanted.

Anything I'd do different?  No.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday (SUPER SLOW! Ran this in the evening -- not a good idea!), ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment