Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday, September 17th

Weather - 54 degrees and humidity was a respectable 80%

Clothing - Black running capri pants, long sleeve tech shirt (pink), and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate a banana and cliff bar before the run. During the run:  approx. 25 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Burke Centre Parkway and Oak Green, ran down Ox toward University Blvd, turned around and ran back.

Distance Completed:  6 miles

Time:  Started at 7:15am, took 1 hour, 12 minutes

We decided we'd all run on our own this weekend.  Got to say, I love the idea of waking up naturally and going out for a run with no pressure to keep up with others.  At the mile 2.2 mark, I had to go to the bathroom very badly was lucky enough to be near the Giant at Braddock Road for me to go to.  Woo-hoo!!  I got back on the road and was pleasantly surprised to see my pace pick up.  Running in the cooler weather is the way to go!

Anything I'd do different?  Yes, I'd wear shorts and t-shirt instead.  Not cold enough yet to wear long pants or long sleeve shirt.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment