Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday, September 25th

Weather - Before sunrise,  67 degrees and humidity = 100%  Seriously.  Ugh.

Clothing - Black running compression shorts, Short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar),  Camelbak

Nutrition -  ate a banana before and approx. 30 oz powerade/water mix

Route - Burke Centre Parkway: starting at Old Keene Mill Road and Lee Chapel.  Went all the way to Kohl's and back to starting point.

Distance Completed: 6  miles

Time:  Started at 6:00am, took 1 hr, 12 minutes


J.W. and I met to get this run done and over with.  Too much going on today.  I did ok and kept to pace, which is surprising given the humidity.  I did walk 2x for some of the steeper hills on Burke Centre Parkway.

Anything I'd do different?  No.  Everything was fine with the run;  I just can't move in this humidity.  It takes all my will power to keep going.  It's hard to breathe.  I can't wait for the cooler weather to kick in.  It's the end of September, it's about time.


Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  It was good.  Did a 4.5 mile hike on the Billy Goat Trail on Sunday.  So my mileage was a bit higher than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment