Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday, August 27th

Weather - 75 degrees and humidity was beyond nuts (93%)

Clothing - Black running shorts (compression, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar),  and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate a banana before the run. During the run:  50 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Lee Chapel Road and Old Keene Mill Road, by the Hallmark store.  Ran 2.5 miles down Burke Centre Parkway towards Kohl's, turned around and ran back. 

Distance Completed:  5 miles

Time:  Started at 7:15am, took 1 hour, 1 minute.

T., J.W. and I met to do the 5 miles.  The humidity sucked big-time.  It was very hard for me to breathe and I was sweating like crazy.  At one point it felt like I wasn't even moving, I was going so slow.  By doing Burke Centre Parkway, we had some hills and it made me go even slower.

Anything I'd do different?  No.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment