Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The day after 20!

I survived!  The 20 mile run is now officially behind me.  All the tweaking I did and preparation paid off.  I believe the 2 Advil before the run was one of the best things ever.  Also, not wearing underwear proved to be incredibly successful.  From this point on, I am not going to wear the heart rate monitor strap.  I got a little bit of rubbing. Nothing major, but this can be easily prevented by not wearing it in the future.

My biggest injury?  On my right leg, behind the knee.  it wasn't that big of a deal, so I didn't ice it or take any additional Advil when I got home.  Next time I can do this and see if that helps.

When I woke up this morning, I had some soreness still only in one spot.  It is located behind my knee on the right leg.  Very weird, because I never felt anything like this before.  No actual pain, just a tightness/soreness.

Also, I changed my socks and found these. They are finger toe socks and each toe is individually wrapped. They are specifically for running and I chose the lightweight model.  I love them!  Not once did I feel like my toes were rubbing or I was at risk for getting blisters. 

It did take a little while to get used to, but once I put my feet in my shoes, I forgot I even had them on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment