Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday, August 6th

Weather - Pitch black out, in the high 60's when we started.  A little on the cloudy side and 75 degrees when we ended.  Humidity didn't seem to be a problem.

Clothing - Black running shorts (compression, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar),  and Camelbak (first time using it.  loved it!!)

Nutrition -   Ate a banana and cliff bar before the run. During the run:  75+ oz powerade/water mix. A GU at around 4.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Lee Chapel Rd on Ox Road.  Went 3.5 miles down Ox past Burke Lake Road and turned around.  Then went 3.5 miles down Ox towards Occoquan and turned around. 

Distance Completed:  14 miles

Time:  Started at 4:30am, took 2 hours, 49 minutes.

T.  and I met at 4:30am to get the 14 miles done.  A. met up with us for the last 9 miles. It was really weird running in complete darkness for more than an hour before we could start seeing in front of us.   I got close to 12 miles done before the sun was up and out.  I was happy to have run 11 miles before hitting the "wall" and needing to play mind games on trying to keep the running all running and not walking more than I should.  In the end, my last 3 miles were very, very slow and filled with walking.  Towards the last 3 miles, I was starting to feel soreness under my toes on my left foot.  I  have a feeling that my sock was bunched up for the first 7 miles and it may have started to cause blisters.  I can now see some blisters forming under some of the toes on the left food. 

At the 7 mile mark. I stopped for about 5 minutes and re-grouped.   Fixed my sock on my left foot, refilled my camelbak and used my frozen wash cloth.

Also, I stopped at the gas station (at mile 9.6) to use the bathroom.  So happy it was there when I had to go!

Anything I'd do different?  No.  I am very happy how well this run went.  Can't believe I just did more than 1/2 the marathon.  14 miles is nothing to make light of.  Yowzer!  Believe it or not, the weather was not a factor this morning.  It wasn't humid and or too hot. 

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment