Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday, July 30th

Weather - Sunny, 78 degrees and the humidity was ridiculously high. 

Clothing - Black running shorts (longer, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar),  fuel belt

Nutrition -   Ate a banana before. During the run:  (2) 8 oz powerade, (1) 8oz water

Route -  Went 2 miles down Roberts and 2 miles back.  Parked the car by the Walmart, near Burke Centre Parkway and Roberts.. 

Distance Completed: 4 miles

Time:  Started at 6:30am, took 47 minutes, 21 seconds

J.W., T, and I met at 6:30am to do the 4 miles we had scheduled.  We mixed it up a bit and did a hilly route to get used to running on something other than a flat surface.  Roberts is hilly!

Anything I'd do different?  No.  I have to say that given the extreme heat, this run went as well as could've been expected. While 4 miles doesn't seem like a lot, throw in a hills and heat and I was dying.  I am so looking forward to cooler weather. 

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym.  Was happy how I am managing to pick up my pace a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment