Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday, August 13

Weather - 70 degrees and humidity was ridiculously high (84%)

Clothing - Black running shorts (compression, biker style), Short sleeve tech shirt (rockstar),  and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate a banana before the run. During the run:  50 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Oak Green and Burke Centre Parkway.  Made a right on to Ox Road.  Went 2.5 miles down Ox past Braddock Road intersection and turned around.

Distance Completed:  5 miles

Time:  Started at 7:00am, took 58:39 minutes.

J.W. and I met to do the 5 miles.  I have to say, at this point, the 5 should be a cinch, but it's all relative and the 5 to me was as hard as the 14 last week.  The humidity made it very hard to run.  Somewhere along the way, this is no longer fun and the running each weekend feels like a chore.  I'll be happy when November comes.  And, when the humidity finally goes away.

Anything I'd do different?  No. I am just happy it is over with.

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles on Thursday; both on the treadmill at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment