Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday, July 9th

Weather - Sunny,  90 degrees (humid and sticky)

Clothing - Black running shorts, Short sleeve cotton shirt

Nutrition -   Ate a banana before. During the run: 32 oz powerade.

Route -  At the RDV Center in Orlando.

Distance Completed: 10.5  miles

Time:  Started at 8:10am, took 2 hours, 5 minutes

I'm in Orlando this week and needed to do my long run on my own.  There was no way I was going to run 10.5 miles outside in the July heat in Orlando and knew I'd be seeking out the local gym to get it done.  I arrived at the gym at 6:40am and discovered that the gym doesn't open until 8:00am on Saturdays.  This was a bit of blow to the momentum I had built up mentally to just getting the run over and done with.  I went back home, waited an hour and then made my way back to the gym.

I was hot, very hot, even inside the gym running.  I seem to be getting slower, not faster.  Once I got to mile 8, I was having a really difficult time running for the whole 3 minutes before the walk breaks came.  I struggled with getting the 10.5 miles done.  Additionally, I am freaked out at the thought of running even further distances than this.  

Anything I'd do different?  No. There was nothing else I could do to make this run better.  

Mid-week runs - ran 5 miles on Tuesday at the gym back home before I left for the airport.  On Thursdays, I ran 4 miles outside in Orlando.  I know, I was surprised too that I attempted this.  It was hard and not fun, but I got it done. .

1 comment:

  1. YOU ROCK GIRL!!! I'm pretty sure if I'd headed back home when the gym was closed, I would've stayed there!!!

    ReplyDelete