Let the fun begin. My new motto is going to be: Just One More Mile.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday, November 5th

Weather - 34 degrees and sunny

Clothing - Black running capri pants, long sleeve tech shirt (pink shirt), and Camelbak

Nutrition -   Ate Cliff bar before the run. During the run:  approx. 25 oz powerade/water mix.

Route -  Started at the intersection of Oak Green and Burke Centre Parkway, went down Ox to University and turned around.

Distance Completed:  6 miles

Time:  Started at 7:20am, took 1 hour, 13 minutes

2nd to last weekend run before the big day.  Yay!  I was well on my way to run the 6 miles at a great pace and made the 5 mile mark well under the one hour mark, but the last mile just didn't have my heart in it and I walked a lot of it.  I am really over the running right now.  I can't wait for this marathon to happen.  It has been a long 7 months waiting for this day to come.

Anything I'd do different?  I would've added gloves and a hat to my head.  It was cold. 

Mid-week runs - I ran 5 miles on Tuesday and 4 miles on Thursday at the gym.  Both runs went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment